RMIT Trips is a program at RMIT University that offers students subsidised trips and tours organised by the university to explore Melbourne and Victoria. Trips include day tours to iconic destinations in Victoria (Great Ocean Road, Grampians National Park), food tours around Melbourne and its suburbs, Melbourne based day tours, and active tours (kayaking, mountain biking).
I currently work for RMIT Trips as the Trips Officer (two month full time contract) coordinating all aspects of the Trips program at RMIT. Previously I have worked as a Trip Leader and Photographer for the program.
• Built relationships within RMIT to expand promotional activities.
• Re-branded the RMIT Trips Facebook page and Instagram account.
• Increased Instagram following by 211 followers within three weeks.
• Increased Facebook following by 97 followers.
• Increased Instagram engagement to 9.74% with an average of 61 likes and 2 comments.
• Introduced Facebook Advertising resulting in 100 link clicks and 3,010 impressions.
• Designed, organised, and promoted new tours: Curtin House Dinner Tour, Artvo, and NGV.
• Lead the delivery of the trips and tours, including the development, coordination and evaluation of each to enhance the RMIT student experience.
• Develop networks and strong working relationships for the Trips program with tour operators, contractors and key stakeholders involved in the Trips program.
• Collaborate with other RMIT departments to organise promotions, tailored school programs and events as required.
• Recruit, train and manage student mates, volunteers and casuals to build and maintain a respectful and highly effective team culture.
• Ensure the health and safety of all casual staff, volunteers and event participants
• Track income and expenditure to ensure that programs are delivered within budget
• Create content and manage website, social media, EDMs, and online registration systems to facilitate promotion, bookings and ensure appropriate data is captured.
• Regularly report on program attendance, student demographic data and event outcomes.
• Lead groups of students to designated spots throughout Melbourne and its suburbs whilst providing information about Melbourne, food, nightlife, and art and culture.
• Ensure tour runs smoothly, and resolve any issues students may have.
• Photograph selection of RMIT Tours to use for promotional material.
• Talk to future and current students about RMIT Trips at orientation events.